Wednesday 6 November 2013

Health and Safety Evidence

In preparation I have had to make a few changes to my house in order to make 100% sure that my actor will be safe during the filming of my short film.
There have been a select few problems that I have encountered whilst filming that I will outline and then explain how I have rectified the problem in order to ensure safety.
Problem:
Television head mask - The actor cannot see out of the television head mask when it has the face plate section on it and this means that the actor cannot see where he is going. This could possibly lead to a serious accident if he were to fall down the stairs.
Solution:
I have replaced the plastic cover that I initially used with some black sugar paper. My actor can now see out of the mask with ease and he can now see where he is going. This is key for safety and for filming as he can now focus on the acting more so than the walking.
Problem:
Dogs - I have two dogs that are ever excitable and they would get in the way of filming and possibly even cause my actor to fall. They are a health hazard when it comes to the film.
Solution:
My neighbour graciously accepted to look after my dogs whilst I shot my short film. This is very helpful as now I can film in peace.
Problem:
Tea - During initial planning I began to think about the fact that my actor could accidently spill piping hot tea on himself during filming and this would not only cause the clips to be useless but it could hurt him a lot.
Solution:
We will film using cold water from an unboiled kettle in order to make sure that if something spills then it will not affect filming or hurt my actor.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment