Wednesday 18 December 2013

Audience Feedback

 I gathered feedback by using a website called Survey Monkey in order to construct a survey that I then posted onto my social media accounts, alongside my video in order to receive viable feedback that could possibly help me with refining my video. The first question asked the audience what their age was. This is important in terms of feedback as you need to be able to gauge what sort of people are giving you your feedback.
The next question asked the participants to rate each aspect of my video on how proficient it was on a scale of one to five. The aspects I asked them to rate were Camera, Mise-En-Scene, Acting, Editing, Lighting, Props and Visual Effects. The scores for this question were generally mixed with editing being the only aspect that received the highest average score of 4. This is helpful as it allows me to gauge which aspects people liked the most and then in turn it allows me to refine the aspects people didn't like.
I then asked for the audience to let me know what I should do about the elements that they rated as poor or mediocre. This allowed me to understand what I did not do correctly the first time round and what I could correct this time round. Some participants went into detail but others remained vague meaning their feedback was not as helpful as it could be.
 
I then asked my audience about the soundtrack used in the film and inquired whether it added or detracted from the atmosphere of the film. This question ultimately lead me to change the soundtrack for the next rendition of the film.

The next question let the audience rate each of the aforementioned aspects of my video in order of their favourites. I let them select more than one answer for this question just in case viewers had more than one favourite aspect. Props was clearly the most favourite aspect as it got 50% of all of the votes. 
  I then asked for an explanation as to why they chose what they did in the previous section as this helped me get an idea of what areas of my video people actually liked.
The final question was a general question that inquired whether my audience had any specific ideas of what needed to be improved in my short film. This allowed me to really get the opinions straight from them and this is where I drew the most helpful feedback from

No comments:

Post a Comment